Blokworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

glass and water

2 posters

Go down

glass and water Empty glass and water

Post by MrFast Mon May 09, 2011 9:17 am

This is what happens when i build a wall from glass with water on one side and air on the other:

glass and water Bug_bm12
MrFast
MrFast

Back to top Go down

glass and water Empty Re: glass and water

Post by Slaihne Mon May 09, 2011 11:28 am

I gather you're talking about the 'horizon' being visible in the distance?

What happens at the moment is this...

If your 'head' is in water and is below 64 on the Y axis, then i do two things...

I draw a 'skirt' round the edge of the world up to sea level (64).
I change the fog colour to a dark green (the same colour as the skirt).

In your example, you are standing in a hole, below sea level looking into the sea.
Because your head isn't in water, no skirt, and fog is as it would be above ground.

If there was the ability to drain that sea (or you just plain dug a big dry valley below sea level).
Then you wouldn't want the skirt or the dark green fog showing up in that view.

It was a tricky one to try and stop the undersea horizon from showing and as you sea, not entirely successful Sad

I'll have to have a good think about it and see (excuse the pun) if i can come up with something better.
Slaihne
Slaihne

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaihne Mon May 09, 2011 11:55 am

I had a think, and i reckon i could use the 'caustic' draw flag to change the fog colour so that all blocks would fade to the correct fog colour; either an overland or underwater colour, so that would fix that area.

Unfortunately that still leaves the part 'beyond' the horizon, where no blocks are actually being drawn. It would still be the horizon colour, not an undersea horizon colour.

I can't permanently draw a dark green skirt, or have my skdome dark green in the bottom half since someone looking down a dry valley that is below sea level would see a dark green wall way in the distance.

I'm open to suggestions Smile
Slaihne
Slaihne

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFast Mon May 09, 2011 3:14 pm

Maybe there should be a territory beyond which you can't see anything in water (only darkness) or maybe i have some problems in translation or don't understand something Smile
MrFast
MrFast

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaihne Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:11 am

Well, it only took 3 months Wink but i think this looks a lot better now...

https://blokworld.forumotion.co.uk/gallery/General-Images/WaterView-pic_12.htm

Unfortunately this is about as good as i'm going to get it i reckon (famous last words). There's a lot of fancy foot work going on here to get independant water fogging and surface fogging going on.

Also, the water fogging is only dependant on whether the player has his head in the water. There is no 'depth' check so the player shouldn't see the fog change once he gets below a certain level or anything like that.

This will be in the next version i upload, once i finish monkeying about with some more blocks.
Slaihne
Slaihne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down