Blokworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flesh Out Sounds and GFX

2 posters

Go down

Flesh Out Sounds and GFX Empty Flesh Out Sounds and GFX

Post by Slaihne Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:35 am

Next up i'm going to fix some niggly issues with the current version. (Tidy up shaders, sort out fog properly, theres a few of them).

I'm also going to get some more sounds in there and fill out the block list again.

Then it's collision handling with the slopes and actually working them in properly to building / digging.

I'll also probably tweak the landscape. (I had to rework it for the taller world).
Slaihne
Slaihne

Back to top Go down

Flesh Out Sounds and GFX Empty Re: Flesh Out Sounds and GFX

Post by Slaihne Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Just got a unified fog model finished and altered the water and model shaders to include the player light. The water and model shaders will be rewritten at some point to include pixel light effects so they are really only placeholders.

The new fog allows me to have a proper sky at last. I think i'm going to get the higher performance shaders knocked up so the other option on the GFX Options will actually do something, then i'm going to get a proper sky working, at least in some basic form.
Slaihne
Slaihne

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaihne Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:23 am

Did some research on Mono.

Novell have a tool that integrates with Visual Studio and i've managed to get a few simple tools running in Mono (at least on Windows). It seems simple enough.

But, there seems to be a problem in that Novell has been bought over and Mono has been dropped (i think).

I'd like the server part of the game to be able to run under Linux since a hosted Linux server is generally cheaper than a hosted Windows server for anyone who wants to provide a permanent server.

I think i'll progress down the Mono route since it will be no effort to produce Windows 'binaries' if Mono is a dead-end. I don't intend to work in C++ or Java since i have very little hard experience in those languages let alone under Linux.
Slaihne
Slaihne

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaihne Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:28 pm

Doing some work on the low quality shader for the plain blocks.

With view distance set to max and only using the low quality shader i'm getting approx 270 fps ( no vertical synch). Changing over to the high quality shader gives approx 150 fps. At least on my GFX card this looks like a near doubling of performance for the lower quality shader.
Slaihne
Slaihne

Back to top Go down

Post by GodOfDharkness Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:22 am

From what i have seen the development of your game is going well i honestly am impressed
GodOfDharkness
GodOfDharkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down