Blokworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm normally just a lurker

+2
Slaihne
nimrodfunk
6 posters

Go down

I'm normally just a lurker Empty I'm normally just a lurker

Post by nimrodfunk Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:21 pm

...but your forum is empty. So, thought I'd say I'm looking forward to a survival sandbox game that happens to involve surviving in the sandbox, and not ghetto-rigging broken mechanics whilst punching zombies in the face.

nimrodfunk

Back to top Go down

I'm normally just a lurker Empty Re: I'm normally just a lurker

Post by Slaihne Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:28 am

Hi there and welcome aboard.

Nice to see someone who doesn't post 'First!' Very Happy

My intention is to make 2 distinct modes of play.

One with levels and a goal to achieve to complete the level. This will serve both as a tutorial and the game proper. There will be plan based crafting, resource gathering and enemies in this mode. The only thing the player can adjust is difficulty level.

The other mode is sandbox. In this mode the player can adjust all enemy types and whether they appear or not. There will still be crafting and resource gathering but the player will be able to supply themselves with resources from the set up screen. If they disable all enemies and give themselves infinite resources of every type then you have a creative type mode where you can build undisturbed.
Slaihne
Slaihne

Back to top Go down

Post by Kobold Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:21 pm

I only just discovered your project, but it looks and sounds very exciting, I'll be looking forward to future developments.

I just have one question: are you planning on having multiplayer? Very Happy

Kobold

Back to top Go down

Post by nimrodfunk Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:16 pm

Nice to see someone who doesn't post 'First!'

Didn't even think about that. You would have probably had to have scrapped the whole project had your board been tainted by one of those "First!" idiots on the first post. Glad I could be of some service.

nimrodfunk

Back to top Go down

Post by ausmike Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:08 am

Any idea how far away the first tech test is?
Or the next video?

As much as I hate twitter and Facebooksmash, would you consider having a twitter account, so that people can get updates on small things in between videos posted on youtube.
You could for example, post a tiny update about whats going on once a day. Like that social media whore Notch.

Perhaps it may feel a bit self absorbed to be posting daily/weekly updates on twitter, but it would/could still make for a more active community. As as opposed to the more disjointed once a week/month video.

Although although progress may not be fast enough to warrant this, idk. Just an idea.

ausmike

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaihne Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:27 am

To answer some of the questions...

I do intend having multiplayer but it is not high on my current list of priorities. My basic priorities are to get the engine running solidly and then to get the tech-test up and running.

For some info about the timescale etc please see here

I've had a few people ask me about a blog or something similar so i will try to make some time to note down what i'm working on and some information relating to that.

Twitter is a bit much so i will create a sub forum which i will keep up to date.
Slaihne
Slaihne

Back to top Go down

Post by deadering Tue May 10, 2011 2:38 am

I kept looking at your youtube page, waiting for another video. x_x Now I see you have a forum. Cheers!

deadering

Back to top Go down

Post by Chew Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:34 am

I am also really excited at your project. I am going to watch it growing Smile If you need help to set up a website feel free to contact me, I'll do it for free 'cause this project seems to kick Minecraft's ass hardtime.

Best regards, Chew

Chew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum