Blokworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE After periods of playing

2 posters

Go down

DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE After periods of playing Empty DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE After periods of playing

Post by Raqn Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 am

Title says it all. I get a error saying

"DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE: The requested functionality is not supported by the device or the driver. (-2005270494)"

after around 10 minutes of idling. I had been playing for 20 minutes beforehand, however it crashes only when I idle in one place for long periods of time. I have repeated this around 3 times, and ever time its when I have left it on idle for long periods of time.

Running Win 7 64bit
nVidia 460 with latest stable drivers
AMD Phenom 955

Raqn

Back to top Go down

DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE After periods of playing Empty Re: DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE After periods of playing

Post by Slaihne Tue May 31, 2011 2:28 am

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I'm not sure what may be causing this, but the fact you mention 'idling' may indicate something to do with a screensaver kicking in?

I haven't tested this myself but i'll try it tonight.
Slaihne
Slaihne

Back to top Go down

DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE After periods of playing Empty Re: DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE After periods of playing

Post by Raqn Tue May 31, 2011 6:33 am

I don't have a screensaver and I am active in the background.

I must stress that it only happens when I am not doing anything.

Focusing the game window doesnt affect it I don't think, I maybe wrong. However doing a action like flying around and breaking a few blocks will stop this, so its something to do with idle times.

Also I wasnt doing anything heavy in the background, I had PuTTY and Steam open, no games.

Raqn

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaihne Tue May 31, 2011 1:59 pm

When you are playing the game, could you try pressing the 'G' key?

This puts you into full screen mode. Also, the keyboard code i have and mouse handling stuff works all the time, regardless of whether the game is focused or not.

So, if you are typing in another application and hit the G key the game will attempt to go fullscreen. This fullscreen transition may be what causes the error you are getting.

Try it and see.
Slaihne
Slaihne

Back to top Go down

Post by Raqn Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:50 am

Yeah you pretty much got it apart from its not anything to do with fullscreen.

I tried chatting on steam whilst playing. I type at around 100Wpm and I think it is to do with the speed I am hitting random buttons, the screen moved everywhere. I hit the 'g' key around 10 times during typing and it took around 10 seconds to crash.
Simple solution to this would obviously be to not allow the game to respond when the window is not focused I suppose, not sure what thats like to do. For the meantime I would just suggest not typing with the game open

Raqn

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaihne Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:56 am

I'll stop the game responding when it's not focused. Hopefully that will sort this out.
Slaihne
Slaihne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum