Blokworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nvidia gtx 550 ti?

4 posters

Go down

Nvidia gtx 550 ti? Empty Nvidia gtx 550 ti?

Post by jombo22 Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:26 pm

ok so i gots a nvidia gtx 550 ti and when i play the game the menu is jumbled and in game the blocks on the side all look the same. i had an ati card before that worked great but this nvidia is kinda pissin me off. in game performance is great though.

jombo22

Back to top Go down

Nvidia gtx 550 ti? Empty Re: Nvidia gtx 550 ti?

Post by Slaihne Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:40 am

Could you post a screenshot of the menu and the blocks please.
Slaihne
Slaihne

Back to top Go down

Post by jombo22 Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:00 pm

sorry about image compression its like over 5000px tall but anyways its all crap and the crosshair for map place is a B? and this worked on my previous radeon hd 3850
https://i.servimg.com/u/f43/17/03/29/30/untitl12.jpg

Last edited by jombo22 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad picture)

jombo22

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaihne Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:04 am

You mentioned in the pic that you are using windows 8.
You also mentioned that it worked with your previous radeon hd 3850.

Did you change OS AND Video card at the same time? Or did you mean that it worked with Win 8 and your Radeon?

I use texture arrays extensively throughout the engine where basically instead of a single texture sheet with multiple textures on it i have multiple texture sheets each one a different texture. These textures are then referenced by number within the shaders etc.

From what you've shown it's definately using the wrong texture.

If you look at screens 1 and 3 it appears to be using a lower case 'a' in place of a capital letter and capital A in place of a space, but on screen 2 (which is the same menu screen as screen 1) it doesn't seem to follow a pattern (capital E as the first letter of the BlokWorld title).

Are you having any problems with other games and this current setup?
Slaihne
Slaihne

Back to top Go down

Post by jombo22 Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:58 am

ok so the dif menu screenshots were from restarting the game. no i kept the os when i changed cards. and yes this card works with everything from crysis 2 maxed to descent from the 80's this is the only game i have problems with.

also i dont think its the drivers, ive tried from 169 to 285 beta. now you say shaders, thats interesting. nvidia gpus use shader operations to hand off floating point math equations from the cpu. its called physx. it works awesome but it could be thinking your shaders are actually physx functions? i dont know. anythings possible. you answer really fast.

jombo22

Back to top Go down

Post by S33m3 Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:21 pm

For me it seems to be kind of vertex or texture format problem.

Slain, do you have to possibility to start you engine in "full debug mode" (With directX debug flag activated) in order to catch directX error/warning messages ?

The problem with this is that is means that jombo22 will need to install DirectX SDK binaries on its system. If done, ha would be able to do a "PIX" screen of a frame.

S33m3

Back to top Go down

Post by fuckjombo22 Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:38 am

jombo22 maybe if you werent such a fucking faggot and did this in digital design you would have friends

fuckjombo22

Back to top Go down

Nvidia gtx 550 ti? Empty this guy has no idea about programming at all

Post by jombo22 Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:46 am

fuckjombo22 wrote:jombo22 maybe if you werent such a fucking faggot and did this in digital design you would have friends

this kid sits behind me in my photoshop class. he spreads his work around so none of the other people have to do their work. of course it looks like shit though. mine is way better.

anyways, disabling physx has no effect on the game, so i guess thats a dead end. i uninstalled and reinstalled .net and slimdx but still no go. there must be an incompatability between your texture mapping shaders and nvidia's shader technology. what pixel shader version are you using, my card supports v5.0 or 5.1.

one other thing, the ground textures or grass. there is like 2 textures blended together. the camo smooth, the grass, and then the camo reflection mapping. its very strange.

jombo22

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaihne Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:49 am

From what you've told me, everything seems to work fine apart from the interaction with NVidia's Windows 8 drivers.

You had it working with the ATI card, so The Exe, SlimDX, Shaders etc all are fine. The only thing that changed was the NVidia drivers to make it not work.

Unfortunately i don't have access to a Windows 8 machine so am unable to test what's going wrong.

As far as i can tell, it's either the textures are being loaded in wrongly or that the 'page' reference for the textures is being incorrectly interpreted by the GPU.

I'm using Shader Model 4 throughout.

Sorry i can't be of more help Sad
Slaihne
Slaihne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum